Get to Know Me
When I was four I was obsessed with The Big Comfy Couch. I woke up on my fourth birthday to a Loonette the Clown doll on my fireplace. I was so ecstatic that I screamed, of course, but then I squeezed her so tight her head almost popped off. I'm that ecstatic to have my very own blog! If I could I would hug this little blog until my laptop screen almost pops off. (I didn't mention the screaming because I may have already done that with my hubby. Sorry babe!)
I want this blog to be a source for you to come and be encouraged. I want this to become a community where lovers of Jesus can be emboldened and sharpened. Community starts with relationship, so I want to give you all a chance to get to know me. Today I'm going to post 22 facts about myself!
1. My favorite number is 22, hence why I chose to do 22 facts about myself.
2. I have been married to my best friend for 2 years!
3. I have the cutest puppy in the entire world. He's a Border Collie named Finn and he is literally Nate and I's child.
4. I have two jobs. I am a full time property manager and I work part time at my church as the Assimilations Pastor.
5. I went to bible college and graduated with a Bachelors in Ministry in 2014.
6. I was a competitive dancer for 12 years.
7. I was a dance teacher for 2 years.
8. I LOVE coffee. So if you ever want to chat over coffee I'm so down!
9. I'm extremely introverted.
10. I am terrified of heights, but I love to do ropes courses and go cliff jumping... I know, I think it's odd too.
11. When I was 13 I broke three bones in my ankle playing soccer with a basketball.
12. My nickname growing up was Graceful... we now all know why...
13. I am happiest when it is raining, mostly because it gives me an excuse to be a homebody. Ha!
14. I love to plan! No, like I love to plan... I currently have 5 planners. A personal one for work. One for meal prep. Another I use for my personal social life. A different one I use for church events and meetings, and the last is for my blog and household cleaning.
15. I love to watch Hallmark movies. I could watch one everyday and never get tired of them. They just make my heart so happy. (If you aren't a fan, please never tell me. I don't enjoy a broken heart.)
16. I love to sing. So much that when I was 9 I begged for a karaoke machine and got Kelly Clarkson's winning song on American Idol and practiced daily so I could try out for American Idol when I was 16. I may have never tried out, but I definitely hosted some rockin' concerts in my room.
17. I hate when my feet touch other peoples feet, even if it is my husbands... again, sorry babe!
18. I got saved at my high school when I was 16.
19. I love home decor. I'm always thinking of how to make my apartment feel more like home.
20. I found out one of my best friends was pregnant because she tried on my apple watch and I saw her heart rate was really high. Crazy huh!?
21. My husband and I helped plant the church we are currently on staff at. If you ever get the chance to plant a church do it!!
22. I got engaged on Christmas Eve and it was a dream!